- Action required: upgrade your AML cluster to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS by 30 April 2021on 20th April 2021 at 19:43
Ubuntu 16.04 community support ends on 30 April 2021 – Transition to 18.04 immediately
- Azure Purview resource set pattern rules available in public previewon 20th April 2021 at 18:28
Azure Purview is announcing the public preview of resource set pattern rules. A resource set is a single object in the data catalog that represents a large number of assets in storage. Resource set pattern rules allow you to customize or override how Azure Purview detects which assets are grouped as resource sets and how they are displayed within the catalog.
- Azure Data Factory announces Data Flow general availability in two new Azure regionson 20th April 2021 at 16:00
Azure Data Factory has released Mapping Data Flows for 2 new Azure regions: US Virgina Gov & US Arizona Gov
- General availability: Application Gateway URL Rewriteon 20th April 2021 at 16:00
Application Gateway now supports hosting friendly URLs and routing based on query string values.
- Azure Virtual Machines DCsv2-series now available in public preview in Azure Governmenton 19th April 2021 at 19:46
Azure Government customers can build secure, enclave-based applications to protect code and data while it’s in use, in a dedicated cloud that meets stringent government security and compliance requirements.
- Announcing general availability of new M-series Msv2/Mdsv2 medium-memory VMs for memory-optimised workloadson 19th April 2021 at 15:00
Azure Msv2/Mdsv2 medium memory series offering up to 192vCPU and 4-TB memory configurations and running on Cascade Lake processor are now generally available.
- Microsoft announces plans to establish first datacenter region in Malaysiaon 16th April 2021 at 17:00
The new datacenter region is part of the “Bersama Malaysia” initiative to support inclusive economic growth in Malaysia.
- Open source API Portal now generally availableon 16th April 2021 at 16:00
API Portal is a no-code option to create, manage, and publish API documentation - for free.
- General availability: Azure Sphere version 21.04 expected on April 29, 2021on 15th April 2021 at 22:00
Participate in the retail evaluation now to ensure full compatibility. The OS evaluation period provides 14 days for backward compatibility testing.
- User data through Azure Instance Metadata Service now generally availableon 15th April 2021 at 16:00
Leverage user data to customize your VM instance provision and configuration.
- General availability: Event source start options in Azure Time Series Insights Gen2on 15th April 2021 at 16:00
The new event source start options feature in Azure Time Series Insights Gen2 gives you flexibility when configuring an event source.
- Azure Automation support for System Assigned Managed Identities is now in public previewon 14th April 2021 at 21:58
Use managed identities now to authenticate runbooks to any Azure service that supports Azure AD authentication.
- Apache Spark 3.0 is now available for public preview in HDInsight 4.0.on 14th April 2021 at 19:00
Apache Spark 3.0 public preview in HDInsight 4.0 is a major update to Apache Spark and brings significant improvements including better performance and better support for ANSI SQL.
- Public preview - Support for multiple currencies on Retail Rates API for all Azure products/serviceson 14th April 2021 at 18:02
An unauthenticated experience to get retail prices in different currencies for all Azure products/services (including Reserved Instances).
- General availability: Log analytics workspace name uniqueness is now per resource groupon 14th April 2021 at 16:02
You can now use the same workspace name in deployments across all your environment without a conflict. This is useful in template deployments when the same name can be used for every deployment for consistency.
- Cognitive Services - New Computer Vision API v3.2 now generally availableon 14th April 2021 at 16:02
Updated Computer Vision API now generally available to improve image tagging, content moderation, OCR language expansion, and more.
- General availability: New Azure Policy built-in definitions for data encryption in Azure Monitoron 14th April 2021 at 16:02
With Azure Monitor built-in policy definitions for data encryption, you can enforce organizational standards and assess compliance of data encryption settings in your environment.
- Public preview: Functions upgrade in Azure Monitor log analyticson 14th April 2021 at 16:01
We have upgraded the functions experience in log analytics, providing new UI and capabilities to allow you to do more with functions.
- Public preview: Cognitive Services- Anomaly Detector now supports multivariate anomaly detectionon 14th April 2021 at 16:01
Enable organizations to identify anomalies across multiple variables with multivariate Anomaly Detector.
- Reduce dataflow execution time with cluster reuse public preview in Azure Data Factoryon 14th April 2021 at 16:01
Azure Data Factory (ADF) has released a “quick re-use” option as public preview to the Azure Integration Runtime TTL to reduce data flow execution to from 2 mins to under 20 seconds.