We bring forward the people behind our products and connect them with those who use them. We think there is a great future in software and we’re excited about it. We want the community to participate in the ongoing conversation. This is the heart of Channel 9. We talk about our work but listen to the customer.
- Quantum programming with Q# and running on hardware with Azure Quantum | Azure Fridayby Scott Hanselman, Rob Caron on 23rd July 2021 at 23:00
Mariia Mykhailova joins Scott Hanselman to discuss quantum computing and quantum programming with Microsoft Quantum Development Kit (QDK), from writing Q# code to running it on hardware via Azure Quantum.[0:00:00]– Intro[0:00:51]– Overview[0:05:43]– From algorithm to coding and unit tests[0:20:58]– Jupyter notebook support for Q#[0:34:17]– Wrap-upMicrosoft Quantum overviewAzure Quantum documentationQuantum computing foundationsQuantum KatasCreate a free account (Azure)
- Scale Out Your Databases with Azure SQL Hyperscale Named Replicas | Data Exposedby Anna Hoffman, Marisa Brasile on 22nd July 2021 at 16:00
In this episode of Data Exposed with Davide Mauri, get an overview of the newly released feature for Azure SQL Hyperscale Database: Named replicas. Named replicas allow for incredible scalability, giving you the option to scale out the database up to 30 named replicas, so that you can sustain any workload of any size. We'll dive into the key features that make Named replicas unique, the use case where Named replicas excels and some tips and tricks to architect solutions to take advantage of them, to get great performance and also to save a substantial amount of money.[00:36] Introductions[02:38] Azure SQL Hyperscale Overview[04:15] Azure SQL Hyperscale Replicas[05:30] High-Availability Replica[07:22] Named Replica[11:02] Named Replica - Use Cases & Sample Scenarios[15:06] Demo[20:00] Getting startedResources:Named replica (in Preview)
- C# Language Highlights: Exhaustive case guards | On .NETby Cecil Phillip, ricardoesway on 22nd July 2021 at 09:15
In this short video, with learn how Exhaustive case guards work with pattern matching in C# from Cecil and David.Useful LinksPattern MatchingA Tour of C# What's new in C# 9 First steps with C#
- Elastacloud's learnings on Digital Twins model lifecycle management | Internet of Things Showby Olivier Bloch, Matthew Leib on 21st July 2021 at 16:14
Andry Cross, long time MVP and COO at Elastacloud joins Olivier to share their experience using Azure Digital Twins for their Connected Homes solution, now deployed in production for Notting Hill Genesis. You can learn more reading Andy's blog post at https://aka.ms/iotshow/elastacloud
- Microsoft Identity - Work with users, groups, and roles in custom apps and APIs | Learn Liveby Rob Gibbens, Kym Phillpotts on 21st July 2021 at 02:48
Microsoft identity platform is an evolution of the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) developer platform. It allows developers to build applications that sign in users, and access resources in both external applications such as Microsoft Office 365, the Azure portal, and thousands of other SaaS applications as well as internal resources, such as apps on your corporate network and intranet, along with any cloud apps developed by your own organization. In this module, you will learn the basics of Microsoft identity including the different types of tokens, account types, and supported topologies.Create a custom ASP.NET web app that is secured with Microsoft identityDemonstrate how to obtain security groups as a claim in the token and use them in the appDemonstrate how to use app roles to grant users access to an app
- Managers: Learn Azure Your Way Pt. 2 | Azure Enablementby Kristen Baker on 20th July 2021 at 16:54
Are you a manager and want to help your team learn more about Azure, but just don't know where to start? Join April Edwards on a guided tour of Microsoft Certifications, Instructor Led Training, Microsoft Docs and GitHub with tips and tricks for managers.✅Resources:Microsoft CertificationsInstructor-led Training Microsoft Docs GitHub[00:00] Introduction[00:42] Why should managers pay attention to certification?[01:27] How can managers get started with certification?[01:51] What are some features that managers should pay attention to?[02:29] What is one thing that managers might not know about Certifications?[03:27] Why should managers pay attention to Instructor-Led Training?[04:01] How should a manager get started with Instructor-Led Training?[04:29] What are some tips and tricks you would share with managers?[05:10] What's one thing that managers might not know about Instructor-Led Training?[06:02] What is Microsoft Docs, and how can a manager get started with it?[07:09] What are some tips or tricks for using Microsoft Docs?[08:34] How does Microsoft Docs help people succeed?[09:19] Why should managers go to GitHub?[09:55] How can managers get started with using GitHub?[10:22] What GitHub features should managers pay attention to?[11:06] What's one thing that managers might not know about GitHub?📺 Related Episodes to watch next:Managers: Learn Azure Your Way Pt. 1 How and why to learn about ARM templates How and why to earn an Azure Certification 🔴 Watch more episodes in the Azure Learning Resources Series!
- Independent Publisher Connector Program | POWERful Devsby Greg Hurlman, Matthew Leib on 20th July 2021 at 13:00
Join us as we talk to Program Manager for Power Platform Connectors Natalie Pienkowska to talk all about the new Independent Publisher Connector Program: what it is, and how to get started creating and/or using the new connectors!More information: https://aka.ms/IndieConnectorBlogPower Platform Connectors Github repo: https://github.com/microsoft/PowerPlatformConnectors
- Creating data-driven web applications with Django [1 of 24] | Beginner's Series to: Django | Beginner's Series to: Djangoby Matthew Leib on 15th July 2021 at 13:00
If you're curious about Django and not sure where to start we're here to help. We've gathered some amazingly talented people to help get you up to speed on one of the most popular programming languages in the world. We begin by talking about who we are and laying the foundation for the rest of the course. Useful Links:https://aka.ms/CreateWebsitesWithDjangohttps://github.com/microsoft/beginners-django
- IoT for Beginners | Internet of Things Showby Olivier Bloch on 12th July 2021 at 16:49
Jim Bennett joins Olivier to tell us all about IoT for beginners, a new 12 week, 24 lesson curriculum that we have built to get University high school students ready for the fast-growing world of IoT.Learn more about the curriculum at https://aka.ms/IoTShow/IoTForBeginners
- Azure Cosmos DB cache, serverless MongoDB and Managed Apache Cassandra | Azure Fridayby Scott Hanselman, Rob Caron on 9th July 2021 at 11:00
Kirill Gavrylyuk and friends join Scott Hanselman to discuss Azure Cosmos DB updates: integrated cache, serverless for MongoDB API, and Managed Instance for Apache Cassandra with dual write proxy.[0:00:00]– Opening[0:01:33]– Integrated cache with Tim Sander[0:17:36]– Serverless for MongoDB API with Gahl Levy[0:24:00]– Managed Instance for Apache Cassandra with Theo van Kraay[0:37:35]– Wrap-upHow to configure the Azure Cosmos DB integrated cache (Preview)Azure Cosmos DB serverlessAzure Managed Instance for Apache Cassandra documentationGitHub - Azure-Samples / cassandra-proxyLearning path: Work with NoSQL data in Azure Cosmos DBCreate a free account (Azure)
- C# Language Highlights: Null Coalescing Assignment | On .NETby Cecil Phillip, ricardoesway on 8th July 2021 at 09:00
Learn about Null Coalescing Assignment in short video from James and Maira. Useful Links?? and ??= operators (C# reference)Nullable Reference typesUnderstanding Nullable Reference TypesFirst steps with C#
- Join us to see what’s next for developers | What's Next for Windowson 25th June 2021 at 01:00
Join us to see what's next for WindowsJoin us on Thursday, June 24th at 12:00 PM PT on Learn TV to see what's next for Windows and developers. Microsoft will unveil the next generation of Windows! Follow at #MicrosoftEvent & @LearnTV.
- Keynote with John Papa | Static Web Apps: Code to Scaleby John Papa on 3rd June 2021 at 01:46
Keynote with John Papahttps://aka.ms/SWA-Learn
- Keynote: The Future of Modern Application Development with .NET and Azure | DEVintersection 2021 Orlandoby Scott Hunter on 2nd June 2021 at 06:46
Join Scott Hunter for the keynote on the future of application development.
- Blowing your mind with F# | Azure Cosmos DB Confby Aaron Powell on 20th April 2021 at 16:00
F# is the lesser known of the .NET programming languages, but it can pack a punch when it comes to building applications. But what does that have to do with CosmosDB? What if I told you that you could get compile time checking of the validity of your database access, the collections to query and the queries themselves? I'd say that you'll have to join me and find out!
- Developer's guide to Microsoft Graph | Learn Together: Building Apps with Microsoft Graphby Dan Wahlin, Ayca Bas on 14th April 2021 at 18:00
Join Ayca Bas and Dan Wahlin as they share a developer's guide to Microsoft Graph – the what, why, and how. Want to learn more about Microsoft Graph and complete Learn modules for a chance to win prizes? Join the Graph Learn Challenge: aka.ms/challenge-graphGraph Learn Challenge: aka.ms/challenge-graphEnter the challenge for a chance to win prizes!Complete learn modules and test your knowledge about Microsoft GraphMicrosoft Graph docs: aka.ms/docs-graphOverview documentation for Microsoft Graph with tutorials, reference docs, and more information to get started building apps with GraphMicrosoft Graph Fundamentals learning path: aka.ms/learn-graphNew to Graph? Start your dev journey with an introductory Learning Path.Microsoft Graph Toolkit module: aka.ms/learn-mgtLove how east the toolkit makes things? Learn more on Learn!
- Welcome Session | Focus on Windowsby Scott Hunter, Olia Gavrysh on 7th February 2021 at 15:27
Scott and Olia open the day with what's happening in the .NET ecosystem, the .NET Windows developer landscape, and show you what's new with Windows Forms and WPF development on .NET 5.