- Achieving 100 percent renewable energy with 24/7 monitoring in Microsoft Swedenby Noelle Walsh on 24th November 2020 at 03:10
Today, we are announcing that Microsoft will be the first hyperscale cloud provider to track hourly energy consumption and renewable energy matching in a commercial product using the Vattenfall 24/7 Matching solution for our new datacenter regions in Sweden, which will be available in 2021.
- Connecting urban environments with IoT and Digital Twinsby Miriam Berhane Russom on 16th November 2020 at 08:00
As urbanization continues to take hold and cities face challenges to become more sustainable and livable, urban planning and operations strategies must adapt. Now more than ever, public and private organizations are coming together to push transformative solutions and change the way we plan and operate infrastructure and urban environments for all.
- Microsoft named a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Industrial IoT Platformsby John 'JG' Chirapurath on 29th October 2020 at 08:00
Embracing digital transformation in Industrial IoT requires companies to rethink and shift business models and operations. Doing so, however, has become more difficult in the past six months due to production slowdowns, restrictions on employee movement with social distancing, and rapidly shifting market demands.
- Azure Cost Management and Billing updates – October 2020by Michael Flanakin on 27th October 2020 at 10:00
Last month, we shared a lot of cost optimization tips and tricks. Continuing with that focus, October is all about helping you save money on Azure infrastructure as a service (IaaS), database, or storage offerings. You'll also read about creating subscriptions via Azure Resource Manager deployment templates, be able to participate in a survey to streamline your experience when verifying your billed charges, and get a sneak peek at a few very early previews. Enjoy!
- Microsoft unlocks the full potential of the smart building ecosystemby Matthew Vogel on 26th October 2020 at 06:00
It is impossible to understate the profound impact 2020 events have had on the real estate industry. Buildings of all kinds, from commercial offices to retail, hospitals, manufacturing plants, and more, remain in need of transformative solutions that will enable employees to return to work safely. In times of crisis, it is innovation that transforms challenges into opportunities.