Hello everyone, we are happy to let you know that an updated version of System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP) is now available and can be downloaded here. SCUP enables independent software vendors or line-of-business application developers to manage custom updates. Using SCUP, you can:
- Import updates from external catalogs (non-Microsoft update catalogs).
- Modify update definitions including applicability, and deployment metadata.
- Export updates to external catalogs.
- Publish updates to an update server.
This release of SCUP adds support for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. For detailed information about supported operating systems and prerequisites, see the Install Updates Publisher topic. While the core functionality in this release remains the same as SCUP 2011, the update catalog format has been enhanced to provide a better experience for users when consuming large update catalogs. Improvements include:
- Indexing for quicker imports of previously imported catalogs – Catalog producers can now index their catalogs. This will allow users to more quickly import large catalogs containing few new updates.
- Inclusion of signing certificates within updates catalogs Catalog producers can now include signing certificates with their updates catalogs. This enables users to add the certificates to the trusted publishers list during import so that approval prompts will not block publish operations.
Note: While the prior catalog format is still supported, catalog producers will need to add information to their existing catalogs to take advantage of these improvements.
- Signature Timestamp – Updates published to a WSUS server will by default have the signature time-stamped. Note, this functionality requires internet access. If you have upgraded from preview 1 this will not be automatically enabled. To enable or disable this functionality or configure the timestamp server that is used, see the Advanced page under Options.
We also made several accessibility improvements in this release.
You can learn more about System Center Updates Publisher in our documentation and download and install it here. Customers who have installed either SCUP Preview 1 or SCUP Preview 2, please download and manually upgrade your installation to this release.
We would love to hear your feedback. If you have a feature request, share your ideas with us on the Configuration Manager UserVoice site. Send us your SCUP feedback using the Configuration Manager categories in theFeedback Hub appbuilt-in to Windows 10 or reach out to us directly at Scupfeedback@microsoft.com.
–The Configuration Manager Team
Source: EM+S Blog Feed