Multi-container support from Azure App Service
- Deploy web apps composed of multiple Docker containers to App Service on Linux.
- App Service handles capacity provisioning, load balancing and underlying infrastructure maintenance.
- Bring your Docker Compose or Kubernetes Pod definition to App Service and use powerful App Service capabilities such as built-in CI/CD, auto scaling and intelligent diagnostics.
VNet integration available in App Service on Linux
- App Service on Linux is now available in public preview on App Service Environment (ASE).
- Makes it easy to deploy Linux web apps in an Azure VNet with ASE, accessing resources in that VNet and across VPN connections.
App Service: Easier diagnostics, debugging and authentication:
- App Service diagnostics, now supports Linux-based apps, integrates with App Insights, and provides analytics regarding more problem areas.
- Remote debugging is now in public preview for container-based apps and developers can use their preferred SSH client.
- App Service authentication and authorization has also been extended to Linux.
Source: Azure Roadmap