Microsoft Azure welcomes customers, partners, and industry leaders to Siggraph 2019!
SIGGRAPH is back in Los Angeles and so is Microsoft Azure! I hope you can join us at Booth #1351 to hear from leading customers and innovative partners.
Teradici, Bebop, Support Partners, Blender, and more will be there to showcase the latest in cloud-based rendering and media workflows:
- See a real-time demonstration of Teradici’s PCoIP Workstation Access Software, showcasing how it enables a world-class end-user experience for graphics-accelerated applications on Azure’s NVIDIA GPUs.
- Experience a live demonstration of industry-standard visual effects, animation, and other post-production tools on the BeBop platform. It is the leading solution for cloud-based media and entertainment workflows, creativity, and collaboration.
- Learn more about how cloud-integrator Support Partners enables companies to run complex and exciting hybrid workflows in Azure.
- Be the first to hear about Azure’s integration with Blender’s render manager Flamenco and how users can easily deploy a completely virtual render farm and file server. The Azure Flamenco Manager will be freely available on GitHub, and we can’t wait to hear how it is being used and get your feedback.
We’re also demonstrating how you can simplify the creation and management of hybrid cloud rendering environments, get the most of your on-prem investments while bursting to the cloud for scale on demand and increase your output with high performance GPUs. Microsoft Avere, HPC, and Batch teams will be onsite to answer your questions about these new technologies, which are all generally available at SIGGRAPH 2019.
- Azure Render Hub simplifies the creation and management of hybrid cloud rendering environments in Azure, providing integration with your existing AWS Thinkbox Deadline or PipelineFX Qube! render farm, Tractor and OpenCue are coming soon. It also orchestrates infrastructure setup and provides pay per use licensing and governance controls, including detailed cost tracking. The Azure Render Hub web app is available from GitHub where we welcome feedback and feature requests.
- Maximize your resources pools by integrating your existing network attached storage (NAS) and Azure Blog Storage using Azure FXT Edge Filer. This on-premises caching appliance optimizes access to data in your datacenter, in Azure, and across a wide-area network (WAN). A combination of software and hardware, Microsoft Azure FXT Edge Filer delivers high throughput and low latency for hybrid storage infrastructure supporting large rendering workloads. You can learn more by visiting the Azure FXT Edge Filer product page.
- Support powerful remove visualization workloads and other graphics-intensive applications, using Azure NV-series VMs, backed by the NVIDIA GPUs. Large memory, support for premium disks, and hyper-threading means these VMs offer double the number of vCPUs compared to the previous generation. Learn more about the NVIDIA and Azure partnership.
The Microsoft team and our partners will also be in room #512 for our Azure Customer Showcase and Training Program.
- Tuesday and Wednesday morning Azure engineers, software partners, and top production companies will share unique insights on cloud enabled workflows that can help you improve efficiency and lower production costs.
- Then, in the afternoon, we have a three hour deep dive into studio workflows on Azure. This will cover everything from Azure infrastructure, networking, and storage capabilities to how to enable Avere caching technology and set up burst render environments with popular render farm managers. At the end of every training session, industry leaders will join us for a fireside chat to talk about the cloud. Seating is first-come-first-serve so get there early! Full schedule below.
- Tuesday, July 30: 2pm – 5pm
- Wednesday, July 31: 2pm – 5pm
- thursday, August 1: 10am – 1pm
If you’re curious about our Xbox Adaptive Controllers, come and check them out at the Adaptive Tech area of the Experience Hall and dive deep into new technologies by adding the following Tech Talks to your agenda:
- Monday, July 29, 2019 from 12:30pm – 2pm room 504: Living in a Virtual World – With the VFX and animation industry moving into a new frontier of studio infrastructure and pipeline, join us as we delve into the best practices of moving your studio into a virtual environment securely, efficiently and economically.
- Tuesday, July 30, 2019 from 2pm – 3:30pm room 503: Going Cloud Native – Join a continued discussion with key representatives from the graphics community who will compare experiences and explore techniques related to pushing the production pipeline and correlated resources toward the cloud.
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019 from 12pm – 1pm room 309: Volumetric Video Studios – Volumetric Video providers gather to discuss their experiences, challenges, and opportunities in the early days of this new medium. Where is the market now, and where will it go? Topics include successes and lessons learned so far, most/least active scenarios, creator and consumer perceptions, technology evolution, trends in the market, and predictions for the years ahead.
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019 from 2pm to 4pm room 406A: Volumetric Video Creators – Content creators discuss the advantages of using volumetric video captures as a way to tell stories, entertain and educate, as well as lessons learned along the way. Topics covered including the funding landscape, best methods of reaching audiences, most effective storytelling methods and future creative directions.
If you haven’t registered yet or are looking for a pass, you can register now for a free guest pass using code MICROSOFT19.
We hope to see you at the show and will look forward to learning more about your projects and requirements!
Source: Azure Blog Feed