We are excited to announce that school IT admins will now be able to manage Windows Autopilot in Intune for Education!
Windows Autopilot is a cloud-based provisioning technology that provides a streamlined device setup process with little IT intervention required. Some of the major benefits for school IT departments include:
- Easy device setup: Students can simply power on each device, connect it to the internet, and sign in. Windows Autopilot will automatically configure the device from the cloud and get it ready for the classroom.
- Time and cost savings in large-scale deployments: Using Windows Autopilot, students and teachers may provision devices themselves. IT departments will no longer need to set up provisioning in large warehouses and hire a fleet of technicians to set up student PCs.
- Always up to date: Custom images and provisioning packages on USBs can quickly become outdated. With Windows Autopilot, student PCs always get configured with the latest Intune policies and apps.
- Easy reset: IT admins can execute Autopilot Reset remotely from Intune for Education to quickly reset student PCs with issues and get students productive again. All apps, settings, and user data will be removed, while the devices remain enrolled in Azure AD and Intune. After the device is wiped, student PCs will automatically receive the latest Intune policies and will be ready for classroom use.
Here are some of the new features we’ve added in the Intune for Education portal:
- Configure Autopilot deployment profiles Settings > Windows Device Settings > Enrollment
- Create dynamic groups for Autopilot-registered devices based on group tags
- Monitor device deployments in the Autopilot deployment report
- Review device deployment information, such as deployment profile and group tag, under Windows Autopilot details
For more information about Windows Autopilot, see Set up devices with Windows Autopilot and Intune for Education and Overview of Windows Autopilot.
Source: EM+S Blog Feed