Today, we are delighted to announce increased scale limits for Azure Backup. Users can now create as many as 500 recovery services vaults in each subscription per region as compared to the earlier limit of 25 vaults per region per subscription. Customers who have been hitting the vault limits due to a restriction of 25 vaults can now go ahead and create vaults to manage their resources better. In addition, the number of Azure virtual machines that can be registered against each vault has been increased to 1,000 from the earlier limit of 200 machines under each vault.
- Better management of resources between departments in an organization: Flexibility to create a large number of vaults under a subscription and large number of containers under a vault based on the departmental requirements without worrying about hitting vault limits.
- Better granularity in reporting and monitoring of data within vaults: Users can create separate vaults as per their requirements segregated based on organizational needs and get more granular reporting of backup usage on a per vault basis.
- Systematic and comprehensive billing: Users can get vault level detailed billing for a subscription for better financial management within an organization.
Related links and additional content
- Learn more about Azure Backup.
- Sign up for a free Azure trial subscription.
- Want more details? Check out Azure Backup documentation.
- Need help? Reach out to Azure Backup forum for support.
- Tell us how we can improve Azure Backup by contributing new ideas and voting up existing ones.
- Follow us on Twitter @AzureBackup for the latest news and updates.
Source: Azure Blog Feed